Friday, October 28, 2011

Finding Comfort

    Here it goes I guess. The first of hopefully many if things go well. I started making bags after I attended the 2010 MN quilt show with my mom, Melissa. You can find her blog at http://www.rainyriverquilter.blogspot.com/ I sensed that she really wanted me to find that passion for quilting that she had. I decided to go and found that people make bags.
Side note: I am a bag lady. I love bags. I love Fossil. But of course all I can usually afford is something from Kohls or Target.
I decided on one bag pattern and one wallet pattern. I went with the Bella Bag from Anka's Treasures and Cash and Carry from Atkinson Designs. I made them both and fell in love.


First Bella Bag and Cash & Carry
I have made a few for myself and had a few requests. My mom and several friends and family have encouraged me to seek business for myself. My first reaction is nervousness followed by complete stress because I have no clue what to do first. I usually resort to stress, which I have found to be kind of a bummer in all areas. Then I wanted to slap myself after I realized how petty I was. God is in control of all things. I will not stress anymore about this, but pray about everything!
I have decided on FAB which stands for, you guessed it...F.rancine A.nderson B.outique. I was going to go with bags instead of boutique, but I thought this left room for growth. That is about as far as I have gotten. My husband Jeffrey is going to help me with the logistics once he takes his exam in November. So right now all I need to do is pray and sew. Any suggestions would be very much welcomed!

3 comments:

  1. The journey begins! You will be great at this because everything you do is blessed by the One who gave you to me! I am honored to take this journey with you and see all the roads it will take you on! I am your biggest fan:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Mom Melissa about your talented daughter! Congratulations on your new endeavor Francine! May the Lord bless you abundantly above and beyond your wildest dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francine -
    I found you, this blog, through a link to mine today...
    I look forward to many more posts in 2012, like how is it going (your FAB business)? Maybe post your beautiful space you created for yourself to work in. Show us more of your work! Let us know where to find it and how to buy it!
    Love you and back you 100%!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete